Rosemary Beach, Florida
A failed project reborn that became the #1 ranked hotel in Florida and rated one of the best new hotels in the world in its first year of operations.
Located in an idyllic beach town in Northwest Florida, The Pearl is a luxury 55 room hotel with a destination restaurant, signature pool area with roof top lounge, intimate spa and luxury meeting facilities. The project was acquired 40% complete out of foreclosure and had been untouched for four years. Retained by Ownership to develop and execute a $20 million master plan to take advantage of certain positive aspects of the physical layout while adding new elements, which would allow the property to reach its ultimate potential. The property, which opened in August of 2013, has received multiple awards including being named as one of the “Best Twelve New Hotels in the World” and ranked as the #1 “Best Hotels in Florida” in 2014 by the Conde Nast Traveler Reader Choice Awards. Served as the Programming and Development Manager, overseeing all entitlement and pre development activities, creating operating concepts, coordinating the design development, managing the construction of the project and overseeing all pre opening activities for the project. Assumed Hotel Management role once the property was opened.
Accolades and Awards in First Year of Operations
- Conde Nast Traveler – Ranked #6 in the Readers Choice for “Best New Hotels in the World” – 2014 link
- Conde Nast Traveler– Ranked #1 in the Readers Choice for “Best Hotels in Florida” – 2014 link
- Southern Living – Ranked #2 for “The South’s Best New Hotels” link
- Hot List – Nashville Magazine
- Hot List – Birmingham Magazine
- The Walton Sun – “A boutique hotel for the ages” – 2014 link
- Examiner.com – “The Pearl Hotel is the gem of the Florida Panhandle” – 2014 link